NFL's highest paid edge rushers: T.J. Watt, Joey Bosa, Myles Garrett, Khalil Mack top list
11 edge rushers now make at least $17 million in average annual salary per year, per overthecap.com, a site that tracks NFL player contracts (through Sept. 10, 2021).
28 make at least $10 million.
The highest paid edge rusher in the NFL is the Pittsburgh Steelers' T.J. Watt, who makes $28 million a season after agreeing to a contract extension.
Second is the Los Angeles Chargers' Joey Bosa. He makes $27 million in average annual salary.
The Cleveland Browns' Myles Garrett is third at $25 million per season.
The Chicago Bears' Khalil Mack is fourth. He makes $23.5 million per season.
He's followed by the Cowboys' Demarcus Lawrence at $21 million.
MORE HIGHEST PAID NFL PLAYERS
- Quarterbacks | Running backs | Wide receivers | Tight ends
- Cornerbacks | Safeties | Linebackers | O-linemen | D-linemen
- Edge rushers | Highest paid players: Overall | By position
NFL's highest paid edge rushers (average salary per year):
- 1. Steelers edge rusher T.J. Watt: $28 million
- 2. Chargers edge rusher Joey Bosa: $27 million
- 3. Browns edge rusher Myles Garrett: $25 million
- 4. Bears edge rusher Khalil Mack: $23.5 million
- 5. Cowboys edge rusher Demarcus Lawrence: $21 million
- 6. Chiefs edge rusher Frank Clark: $20.8 million
- 7. Broncos edge rusher Von Miller: $19.1 million
- 8. Lions edge rusher Trey Flowers: $18 million
- 9. Saints edge rusher Cameron Jordan: $17.5 million
- 10. 49ers edge rusher Arik Armstead: $17 million
- Source: overthecap.com
WHAT CHANGED?:Highest paid edge rushers in NFL in 2020-21
To see the 28 NFL edge rushers who make at least $10 million a year in average salary, ranked from highest average salary to lowest, click here.