Milwaukee Brewers at Miami Marlins odds, picks and predictions
The Milwaukee Brewers (20-12) head to loanDepot park Friday to begin a 3-game set with the Miami Marlins (14-17) at 6:40 p.m. ET. Let's analyze Tipico Sportsbook's lines around the Brewers vs. Marlinsodds with MLB picks and predictions.
Milwaukee has lost back-to-back series and 4 of its last 5 games, including most recently at the Cincinnati Reds 14-11 Wednesday.
Miami is 2-8 in its last 10 games and lost 3 consecutive series, but the Marlins snapped a 3-game losing skid Wednesday with an 11-3 victory at the Arizona Diamondbacks.
These teams split last year's season series 3-3 with Miami outscoring Milwaukee 27-16 in those meetings.
Brewers at Marlins projected starters
RHP Corbin Burnes vs. RHP Pablo Lopez
Burnes is 1-2 with a 1.86 ERA, 0.80 WHIP, 1.9 BB/9 and 11.6 K/9 in 38 2/3 IP over 6 starts.
- Lost at the Atlanta Braves 3-2 Saturday with 6 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 1 HR, 1 BB and 8 K.
- 2021 vs. the Marlins: Lost 8-0 in late April with 5 IP, 4 ER, 8 H, 0 BB and 9 K.
- vs. Marlins on the current roster: 1.10 FIP with a .220/.265/.327 expected batting average (xBA), expected wOBA (xwOBA), expected slugging percentage (xSLG) slash line, 31.9 K% and 85.3 mph exit velocity (EV) in 47 plate appearances (PA).
Lopez 4-1 with a 1.00 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 2.0 BB/9 and 8.6 K/9 in 36 IP across 6 starts.
- Beat the San Diego Padres 8-0 on the road Saturday with 8 scoreless IP, 5 H, 2 BB and 5 K.
- 2021 vs. the Brewers: 0.76 FIP with a .242/.305/.363 xBA-xwOBA-xSLG slash line, 40.0 K% and 82.7 mph EV in 20 PA.
Brewers at Marlins odds and lines
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list. Lines last updated at 11:06 a.m. ET.
- Money line (ML) : Brewers -155 (bet $155 to win $100) | Marlins +125 (bet $100 to win $125)
- Run line (RL)/Against the spread (ATS) : Brewers -1.5 (+122) | Marlins +1.5 (-150)
- Over/Under (O/U) : 6.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $200 in instant bet credits at Tipico Sportsbook! New customer offer in CO and NJ. 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Place your legal, online sports bets at Tipico. Let's make this interesting.Bet now!
Brewers at Marlins picks and predictions
Marlins 4, Brewers 2
BET the MARLINS (+125) for a three-fourths unit because their lineup is pretty solid and performs much better in Miami, as does Lopez.
The Marlins are 4th in wRC+ (125) and 6th in wOBA (.337) at home, per FanGraphs. Also, Lopez has a sub-3.00 career home ERA, 1.10 WHIP and 0.71 HR allowed per 9 IP.
Miami is 26-24 overall as home underdogs since the beginning of last season and are tied with the worst luck in the MLB at -3, meaning the Marlins should have 3 more wins based on their run differential.
TAKE the MARLINS (+125) at home.
Win your fantasy baseball league with BaseballHQ.com. For decades, BHQ has been helping players just like you win! Use the couple code SBW22 for 20% OFF full-season subscription. New customer offer; expires 6/30/2022. Subscribe today and start winning!
LEAN to the MARLINS +1.5 (-150) because it should cash since Miami is 30-20 RL as home underdogs since the start of last season and the Brewers -1.5 (-120) is 3-10 RL as road favorites.
But, I prefer Miami's ML because the Marlins are 5-1 overall when Lopez gets the start and their lineup comes alive in Miami.
LEAN to the MARLINS +1.5 (-150).
Slight LEAN to the UNDER 6.5 (-110) because there are 2 studs on the mound, including the 2021 NL Cy Young winner (Burnes). Also, Miami's home ballpark is typically pitcher-friendly.
However, loanDepot park is surprisingly 5th in runs by park factor in 2022, the Brewers are 6-5-2 O/U as road favorites and the Marlins are 2-1 O/U as home underdogs.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).